Many of the popular comparison sites can offer pet insurance policies for their pets: cats, dogs, rabbits and horses, and therefore some people tend to take out the cheapest option given, but then have to pay an extortionate excess, or pay for the medical care themselves. Or in some cases, pet insurers will pay the vet directly.
However, at CJN Insurance Services, all we ask for is some basic information about your pets and their previous medical history. We will then shop our panel of insurers to find you high quality cover at a great price. When taking out pet insurance, it’s important to know that there are two main types of cover:
Annual Pet Insurance:
- Tends to be cheaper.
- Can be useful if you only want cover to provide treatment, for example, for a specific one-off illness or accident.
- The policy lasts for 12 months and then expires. If your pet then needs longer-term treatment, it won’t be covered after the policy expires. You then need to declare any pre-existing conditions when getting another policy. Pre-existing conditions are rarely covered under the standard terms of pet insurance policies.
Lifetime Pet Insurance:
- Can be more expensive, but is usually a safer option.
- Useful if you have a pet that may need ongoing treatment.
- Peace of mind of knowing that you’ll always have cover in place. Lifetime cover is renewed each year and will cover your pet for ongoing illnesses, including asthma and arthritis
If you’re looking for pet insurance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today to discuss all your furry loved ones insurance needs on 01584 819545 or complete our quote form and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.